Manager, Facility Maintenance
Facilities and Infrastructure
This is where it starts! Dont miss this opportunity to be a part of the city's biggest events and help Northlands create tomorrow's memories every day.
Northlands is seeking a Manager, Facility Maintenance to join our team.
As a key member of our Facility & Infrastructure team, you will lead and direct our trade groups and ensure that all related systems and equipment operate effectively and efficiently. These areas include, but are not limited to mechanical operations, preventative maintenance, utility management, employee development and safety.
This role requires an individual with strong leadership skills and a full complement of problem solving, planning, decision making, project management, communication and organizational skills. You must also have:
- Knowledge of computer operations for tracking maintenance work requests and preventative maintenance;
- Knowledge of building automation and energy management systems;
- Budget preparation and administration experience;
- Alberta Trade Certification or Technical equivalent;
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Alberta Drivers License (abstract to be available upon request);
- The ability to maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations;
- The ability to meet the shift working requirements of the assigned facility; shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Oversee facility maintenance and repair;
- Oversee and monitor the operation and registry of all operators and equipment including but not limited to elevators, boilers and pressure vessels;
- Ensure compliance with Municipal, Provincial and National safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations;
- Participate in coordination and supervision of work performed by third party contractors;
- Manage, motivate and provide direct leadership to the Facility Maintenance team and other staff, and continually liaise with other departments for the purpose of maintaining the facility, equipment and service functions.
If you have the knowledge and experience for this position and a passion for building and leading teams, please forward us your resume.
Northlands is known for hosting the best in sports and entertainment in the Northern Alberta region. Boasting three venues across nearly 160 acres, Northlands is the site of Rexall Place, the Edmonton EXPO Centre and Northlands Park Racetrack and Casino, Albertas premiere horseracing track.
The Benefits of Joining the Northlands Team
1. We offer a competitive salary.
2. We have a comprehensive benefit program 100% paid by Northlands.
3. We match employee contributions to a defined benefit pension plan.
4. We provide a health and wellness program.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Competition #: 000-IC2173
Closing Date: N/A
This Is Where It Starts! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.