It’s A Web World We Need!
We’re about to clean up our world of web pages and we need a designer/developer like no other! It doesn’t get more fun – concerts, festivals, rodeo events, fairs, horse racing and gaming, exhibition clients, social media online activations, and an awesome internal platform for staff. Northlands wants to digitally engage with everyone, and we have a plan to get there… we just need you!
As our Web guru you will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of Northlands websites, online marketing material, and social media initiatives. You will be working with the dynamic Northlands Marketing team and other internal partners throughout the organization. You need to be creative, fun, collaborative and be able to juggle many projects!
Key Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
Develop, design, launch and maintain effective website and online advertising material to meet the communication objectives, timelines, and budget.
- Research and understand the online needs, requirements and challenges.
- Brainstorm creative strategies and designs individually, one-on-one and in group settings.
- Plan production timelines and critical paths.
- Work closely with graphic designers and help bring concepts to life.
- Execute and produce all online material: coding, animations, html e-blasts.
- Ensure that the designs reflect Northlands corporate guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate with IT and external suppliers as required for support and development.
Update and Maintain Northlands Online and Web Properties
- Execute and coordinate web content updates with internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and adapt website navigation, structure and graphics as required.
- Maintain awareness and practical application of online trends in website design.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all internal stakeholders.
- Ensure files are archived and maintain organized and up-to-date files and resources.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience in a web/digital media agency, marketing organization or equivalent.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Web/Multimedia.
- Professional in web design and production with the ability to problem solve.
- Advanced understanding and experience with Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with Flash development, Actionscript, and MySQL Database Management would also be an asset.
- Experience in a Mac Work environment is required.
- Expert time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines on numerous concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication and organizational skill.
- Experience/ability to effectively train others to do basic web updates would be an asset.
Competition #: 896-IC1960
Closing Date: N/A
Entertain a great opportunity! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.