Work? Fun? Excitement? Who says you have to choose between them?
Northlands is seeking an Application Analyst who will report to the Director of Business Technology. The Application Analyst will be responsible for planning, implementation, and operation of the Northlands business applications and databases. The successful candidate must be committed to providing exceptional customer service, have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and possess strong technical and analytical abilities.
Responsibilities (include the following, but not limited to):
- Manage lifecycle of applications, including installation, maintenance and decommissioning for business applications such as USI, Kronos, Sun Financial, Quest, Protobase, WinPack, ISS, InSync and others.
- Advise, plan and implement business applications utilizing running Microsoft SQL databases to improve efficiency, reliability and performance.
- Write SQL custom reporting and scripts.
- Plan, solution and implement distributed application services.
- Perform proactive application performance and capacity planning, monitoring and reporting.
- As part of new or upgraded business applications conduct systems testing and implementation, support service readiness and acceptance testing and sign-off (STLC).
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Northlands Business Technology team to ensure availability and reliability of corporate applications to meet business demands.
- Troubleshoot and help perform Root Cause Analysis of complex application-related end-user issues and take appropriate action.
- Provide guidance on application related issues.
- Develop, implement and document application technical solutions.
- Manage the organization’s application compliance to internal / external security and security accreditation regulations and policies.
- Ensure all services comply with quality assurance and control specifications.
- Construct business analysis based on requirement gathering, requirement analysis and gap analysis.
- Evaluate workflows and opportunities for business process change.
- A University degree or technical school diploma in Computing Science.
- Five (5) or more years of industry experience designing, planning, implementing and supporting Windows SLQ 2000/2005/2008R2 environment.
- Five (5) or more years in an application and maintenance support role.
- Exceptional customer service skills, positive attitude, energetic and an excellent team player.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Strong technical, diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- In depth knowledge of system integration and client/server architecture.
- Experience with software development methodologies, integration and data analysis.
- Document and Knowledge management experience.
- An inclination towards creative thinking and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to understand business processes and business problems.
- Ability to work independently or part of a fast-paced and highly adaptive team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MCDBA certification would be an asset.
- Experience in supporting cloud-based applications is a strong asset.
- A Security Clearance Check will be conducted on the successful applicant.
Competition #: 848-IC1876
Closing Date: N/A
Entertain a great opportunity! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.