Facilities and Infrastructure
Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of the city's biggest events and help Northlands create tomorrow's memories every day.
Northlands is currently recruiting for a Journeyman Plumber for a permanent full-time position.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Building Maintenance, you will apply journeyman level plumbing and gasfitting skills in the maintenance, repair and alteration of water supply systems, sanitary and drainage systems, and components of heating and cooling devices. You will have the ability to work independently in order to inspect equipment, diagnose problems, repair, troubleshoot or arrange for repair of equipment to restore operation.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of the standard methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the plumbing and gasfitting trade and knowledge of the occupational safety standards, plumbing codes and about the rules and codes governing the Gas Protection Act, Plumbing and Drainage Act.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements
- Possession of an Alberta Journeyman Plumber Certificate of Proficiency which must include Interprovincial Red Seal when applicable to the trade.
- Possession of an Alberta Journeyman Gasfitter Certificate of Proficiency which must include Interprovincial Red Seal when applicable to the trade.
- Explosive Actuated Tools Certificate.
- Cross Connection Proficiency Certification.
- Backflow Prevention Certification preferred.
- Experience with electronic programmable controls preferred.
- Must possess a valid Alberta Class 5 drivers license (abstract must be provided upon request).
CUPE Local #30 requires that all union members forward a copy of their application to: CUPE Local #30 10425 Princess Elizabeth Avenue Edmonton, AB T5G 0Y5. As per the collective agreement, the starting union wage for this position is 37.57 per hour.
Competition #: 000-IC2129
Closing Date: N/A
This Is Where It Starts! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.