This is where it starts! Looking for a job that not only serves the community, but also provides the kind of personal fulfillment that makes each day feel like an accomplishment?
If you are committed to providing exceptional client service, and are looking for a challenging role in a diverse centre-led procurement environment, we want to hear from you! Your knowledge of and involvement in procurement and contracts best practices is required to be a successful part of our procurement team, where you will participate in developing, implementing and leveraging procurement processes and strategies to meet Northlands diverse requirements for operational goods and services.
- Providing business units and stakeholders with support, functional advice and assistance on procurement and the procurement cycle.
- Liaising with Northlands business units to assist with requirements for goods and services,including managing, facilitating, guiding or supporting business units with associated procurement processes including the identification and evaluation of sourcing options, participation in negotiations, and assistance with the management of vendors.
- Assist and provide guidance to business units to determine and execute procurement strategies.
- Provide contract lifecycle management services to business units including drafting assistance and redline recommendations, review, tactical advice/support, and workflow management.
- Assist and support the Manager, Strategic Procurement in the development, implementation and management of procurement processes, procedures, and systems.
Education and Experience
- A two-year, post-secondary diploma in a related field. (Equivalencies will be considered)
- SCMP designation in good standing or enrolment in the Strategic Supply Chain Management Leadership Program is preferred.
- A minimum of five to seven years of related procurement experience preferably in an indirect spend (operational goods and services)centre-led procurement environment.
- Experience with procurement activities including sourcing approaches, structured sourcing or formal competitive bid processes, contract authoring/drafting/lifecycle management, supplier relationship management, and performance monitoring. Equivalencies will be considered.
- Experience with and the ability to operate computerized purchasing, sourcing and contract lifecycle management systems such as Infor SunSystems 5.4, Ariba Sourcing 12S and Selectica CLM 5.4.
- Strong communication, organization and customer service skills complemented by solid analytical and problem solving skills is required. The ability to work on multiple projects within tight timelines is a definite asset.
- Intermediate or advanced experience with Microsoft Office and preparation and use of Word and Excel documents of moderate complexity is required.
Competition #: 000-IC2147
Closing Date: N/A
This Is Where It Starts! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.