Manager Booking and Entertainment
This is where it starts!
We need people who want to be a part of what makes this city great and ready to help create tomorrow's memories every day.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Booking and Entertainment to join our Venue Management team. This role offers the opportunity to be an integral part of the development of key strategies that drive entertainment and special event bookings with a special focus on the Edmonton EXPO Centre and Northlands produced events.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
Sell venue space to event promoters
- Drive revenue from market segments such as religious conferences, major sporting events, family entertainment, and general admission concerts.
- Develop leads and build relationships with prospective clients.
- Prepare custom proposals that effectively meet the needs of the client.
- Liaise with stakeholder departments to ensure strong beneficial relationships.
- Manage scheduling and booking with the entertainment team to optimize utilization and revenue potential
Create entertainment event programming for Northlands produced events
- Research and collaboratively define the types and genres of entertainment acts to fulfill program and event objectives.
- Negotiate with talent agencies and independent talent for entertainment acts.
- Manage the contract process including offers, contracts, addendums, and additions.
- Liaise with Event Management team to advance and coordinate all aspects of each entertainment event.
Drive and meet overall sales goals.
- Identify strategy to generate additional revenues from pre and post event activities.
- Work with key staff to identify business development strategies to drive new business opportunities.
- Evaluate monthly financials for accuracy and future planning.
- 3 years progressive experience in an entertainment booking or management setting. Work with regional, national, and international agents and promoters preferred.
- Working knowledge of Sports and Music Industry.
- Experience in entertainment event sales, contract negotiation, production, and settlement across a variety of genres.
Competition #: 000-IC2148
Closing Date: N/A
This Is Where It Starts! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.