Public Relations Intern - Summer Student Temporary Position
Communications and Government Relations
As the Public Relations Intern, you will have the exciting opportunity to build your portfolio and enhance your skills in writing, editing, media relations and event planning. Experience the dynamics of a large-scale operation as it prepares for and works through Edmonton’s biggest summer event – K-Days. With the guidance and support of the Communications and Government Relations team, you will complete the following projects and duties:
- Media accreditation – You will manage the process of accepting media registrations, producing and distributing passes and conducting follow-up calls with media, providing you with a personal knowledge of the media operating in northern Alberta.
- Media Launch- You will assist in the planning and execution of media events to launch specific programming details related to K-Days.
- Media hosting – Coordination of media requests including arranging interviews as required.
- General duties – Other opportunities will include onsite K-Days hosting of media, editorial writing for media and websites and helping coordinate distribution of K-Days materials. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- The successful applicant will possess strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. This person will have the opportunity to practice a multitude of tasks and work in an environment which has continuous requests, short time lines and constant change.
- The successful applicant will be a graduate of or enrolled in a post-secondary program in Public Relations, Marketing, Business, English or related field
- Please apply with a resume and a cover letter
- This is a full-time position from May-August
- Word, Excel and data entry experience is considered an asset.
Competition #: 940-IC2018
Closing Date: Friday March 21, 2014
This Is Where It Starts! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.