This Is Where It Starts!
Northlands is seeking a Technical Analyst to join our Business Technology Team in providing high quality operational, technical day-to-day client support, and participate in implementing corporate projects. Our successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong technical and analytical abilities, and must be customer service focused. Experience within an entertainment industry is a definite asset.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge to grow your career in the Business Technology field, we want to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Provide Tier I and II support to 400-plus, end users campus-wide, across all Northlands venues (EXPO Centre, Rexall Place and Northlands Park).
- Configure, deploy, administer and support corporate computer hardware, software, mobile devices.
- Recommend and implement innovative technical solutions to address system issues and ensure optimal system performance.
- Provide and maintain technical and end user documentation.
- Contribute to the implementation and improvements of the overall operational practices and procedures within the Business Technology department.
- Be the lead or participant participate in planning, testing and implementing Business Technology corporate projects.
- On-call 24x7 rotation.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science Technology or a related field.
- Microsoft Certification and Apple Certification would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of six (6) years of industry experience in an operational client support environment.
Knowledge and Skill
- Windows XP and Windows 7
- Microsoft Enterprise Applications 2007 and 2010 - Office, Project and Sharepoint
- Various systems management and diagnostic utilities
- Windows VBScripting
- Active Directory
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and LAN
- IBM/HP/Dell computer hardware
- Trend Micro OfficeScan
- Telecommunication knowledge
Our ideal candidate will also be able to:
- Work independently and within a team environment effectively.
- Display and utilize organizational skills with special attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Competition #: 954-IC2034
Closing Date: N/A
This Is Where It Starts! Northlands offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We are a flexible employer seeking a variety of skills to meet the needs of our diverse events and facilities. A job that's exciting, rewarding, and entertaining all at the same time! Be part of the team behind the best events in entertainment, business, agriculture and horse racing.